I had attempted to refinance a home equity loan with Quicken Loans.They have you sign electronically online as they send you paperwork through email.

You should read the material but the font is no bigger than a 6 (tiny). When I realized that their closing fees were almost $9000 on a $70000 loan, I changed my mind and canceled. On their fee page there was a $550 charge for an appraisal. They had sent this to my credit card, I couldn't cancel it.

I called the appraisal company and canceled the appointment in advance. No appraisal was done but Quicken refuses to refund my money saying the fee actually covers "other" costs.

I have talked with three people in the company with no satisfaction.

Review about: Quicken Loans Loan.

Had an Experience with Quicken Loans?

Comments

Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia #18606

They are the top lender in the nation, They exchaust funds for clients, if the client jumps ship, they have every right to take that deposit.

If you don't like going with a good company go to one that has imploded..

Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia #18429

If you'd listen to your banker and read the paperwork, you'd understand that the deposit is a commitment to do business. You agreed to work with them, they started the process, you backed out, you lost your deposit. Google the defination of security deposit, it may help you in the future.

Vienna, South Dakota, United States #10812

Report them to the FTC

Consumer Affairs

600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW

Washington, DC 20580

It's the only way to put a stop to their deceptive practices!