We called to see about refinancing our home and my husband told the representative that he did not know if we had a manufactured or modular home.They sent out an appraiser and we paid $500.00 for our appraisal and low and behold after the person came they called and "Oh no!

We cannot finance you because you have a manufactured home. Also we cannot give you the $500.00 payment back and we still didn't get any appraisal, so we threw away all that money and got nothing in return!!! This should be against the law.

I paid money for this service and got nothing in return.Stay away from this company!!!!

Review about: Quicken Loans Mortgage Refinance.

Reason of review: I gave them $500.00 and got nothing in return!!!.

I didn't like: Attitude about refunding my money, Company stole from senior citizen.

Comments

#1420409

You are absolutely due the full appraisal applied to any type of structure.

Regardless of the fact that the loan refinance is not forthcoming, if you paid for the service you are entitled to the full report that we received when successfully refinancing with the subject company.

That appraisal my be useful to you for any number of other purposes.

Compare the results with the county recorder's office ; if the appraisal is significantly lower than the calculated taxable value of the parcel, you may be entitled to a tax reduction.

Etc.

Don't let them take your money and give you nothing.Do not call or e-mail.

Submit your request/demand in WRITING with all pertinent information regarding the transaction and send it via Certified Mail return receipt requested. Keep the letter as short as possible and be polite ; mention 7 days reply please.

Include copies of any documentation you have of this charge.You likely won't get a refund but you are entitled to an appraisal.