This company is as friendly as can be right up until the time they take your money.I decided to look into refinancing my home so I gave them a call and spoke to a representative by the name of Ryan Tarkington.

He was very nice and wanted to help it seemed, so I mistakenly placed my trust in him and this company. I gave them the "good faith" deposit of $400.00 to start the process and filled out the necessary paperwork and then they began the process of an appraisal. I was asked several times what I believed my home to be worth and said that I really didn't have a good estimate and stated that "you the mortgage professional do you have some tools at your disposal to get a good estimate" and the answer was absolutely. I was told that I would need to have my house appraise at a certain dollar amount to close the loan.

It was at that point that I clearly in plain language stated that I had no intention of spending one dime unless they could assure me that this loan would close. With this in mind Ryan told me that he was going to consult his director and they would make a decision whether I should proceed or not based on my reservations about proceeding well in the range needed. The next day Ryan called and told me the "good news" your home will be in the range need after consulting my director. I see know that it was easy for them to proceed since it isn't their money at stake.

To make this long story short my home was appraised for much less (about 35% less) then other smaller homes in my neighborhood have sold for and are listed at. That's when I was told the "bad news" when I asked for a refund based on our conversation I was basically to no way and quickly shown the door. It appears like a quick way to earn some money off of a deal they have no intention of following thru with. I like to think of myself as a fairly savvy consumer but in this case I was completely duped by a company that straddles the line of responsible business practices.

I would hate to see any other hard working consumers lose money to this questionable operation.Stay clear of Quicken loans for your own good!

Review about: Quicken Loans Refinance.

Had an Experience with Quicken Loans?

Comments

Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia #438954

Hi - my name is Kelly and I work with Quicken Loans.I'm sorry about the experience that you've had with us.

I'd be happy to work with you directly regarding your loan - feel free to contact me with more details and I'll see what I can do to look into your situation with you personally.Kelly@quickenloans.com