Learned to little to late. I sincerely hope that the person reading this has NOT already given quicken loans their credit card number. Here is what they do in a nutshell. Give you a "special" they are running. Give you low costs closing and other. I believe mine were going to be 1,600 for a 4.25 7 year ARM. All hinged on an APPRAISAL. On my streed I know the people who actually sold their houses and did follow up on Zillow before telling them what I thought my house was worth. Yes nowadays there are always going to be distress and bank owned properties bringing the curve down. So out comes the appraiser Quickenloan send and up went my closing costs, OVER DOUBLED. If you are *** enough to do busniess with this company tell them your house is worth nothing so they cant come around and say welllll it is not worth as much as YOU said it was so the price is going to change a bit. TYPICAL BAIT AND SWITCH. I'd like to thank the *** that just took me for $500 dollars.

1.Romeo Radulici

2. Martin, Amanda Martin

3.Michael Wilsey

All who told me in an email there would be no way my costs would change. Aint that amazing they even promised me the cost would not change and it up and changed.

Leave while you still can.

Review about: Quicken Loans Loan.

Had an Experience with Quicken Loans?

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #847145

It's amazing idiots think that they can tell the bank what their houses are worth.Research the home loan process first.

It requires an appraisal 99% of the time. Some in-house programs don't require them. As for the comment stating it's an easy $500, I guess you must be qualified in some way to make that statement.

Well you're not.Nothing is easy about it chump.

My home was appraised 2 years ago @ 190,000.The house has undergone extensive renovations,new windows,doors,appliances,re finished floors and that is just the beginning.Tried to re fi with quicken,they sent appraiser from Metro-West.Beware and use your wit.In the end they earned an easy $500.00 dollars.I actually handed it to them in their shady but barely legal scheme.

If they promised you that your credit card "good faith" money would be refunded, less the credit report or any other charges, contact your credit card company and Dispute the Charges.Most consumers don't seem to know that they can.

Your credit card company work for YOU. If you can show that the "deposit" was just that, they will refund your money and take it from Quicken Loans. Your deposit agreement should stipulate the terms of the deposit and costs that are chargeable against the deposit.

I would dispute it immediately.It might take sending some paperwork to your credit card company, but if enough people take take this route Quickloans might stop what they are doing.

Rock Spring, Georgia, United States #255890

omg....i AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO BE SUCKED IN BY THIS COMPANY!!i AM OUT $400.00, AFTER ATTEMPTING TO REFINANCE WITH QUICKEN.

THEY MADE ALL SORTS OF PROMISES, BUT THEN SUDENLY THE INTEREST RATE WAS NOT GOING TO BE AS PROMISED, AND WHEN I DECIDED I WAS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH A 5 YEAR ARM LOAN, THEY WOULD NOT WORK WITH ME FOR A 15 YEAR LOAN. I TOLD THEM "FORGET IT", CANCELLED THE APRAISAL, AND ASKED FOR A REFUND OF MY GOOD FAITH MONEY, OR AT LEAST A PORTION OF IT. tHEY SAY IT IS NOT REFUNADABLE, SO I GOT NOTHING!! AND THEY GOT $400.00 FOR RUNNING A CREDIT REPORT???

WTH!!!!RIP OFF RIP OFF!

When mortgage companies had sway over appraisers, they used that to get higher values.

Now that we don't, you are unfortunately really finding out what your home is worth. We don't know ahead of time. We ask the consumer and advise them to be conservative. They never are.

I don't work for nor have I ever worked for Quicken loans. However they did everything right in your scenario. We all fall under the same guidelines now too. It doesn't benefit any of us to have your home appraise lower. We aren't making more money that.