1.7K views
Featured Not resolved

The first thing is the upfront $500, which they tell you will be taken out of your bank account down the road, towards the end of the loan process, but they took it out immediately without warning and made our bank account overdrawn and we incurred fees.They also contradict themselves and say the $500 will be rolled into the loan and you will be that money back if your loan is denied!

WRONG! LIARS!! Then, the endless paperwork that is NEVER enough. Then, demanding that we pay off certain bills that we did not have to causing us more out of pocket money.

2-4 hard credit inquiries that were uncalled for! Handing off the loan to no less than 7 different people in the process. Appraisal was ridiculously low when my neighbor, who's house was built by our builder with the same, $185.82 cents a square foot was sold for $649,000. Our appraisal came in at $650,000, $1,000 more than their smaller home.

We have over 400 more of the same HIGH END square feet than them which would have brought our appraisal past $700,000 which was needed for us to secure our loan. They denied the loan because of the appraisal which is their standard MO and refuse to give us our $500 back, though they say it's for the appraisal and to pull your credit report which is an out and out lie. Then when all is lost, they bombard you with salespeople from Quicken trying to get you to secure a loan with them!

No communication and crooked practices all the way around.No wonder the Federal Government is suing them!!

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $700. Alansteinberg is overall dissatisfied with Quicken Loans and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about quicken loans at Quicken Loans was breach of contract and wire fraud, intentional run-around and uninformed Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Quicken Loans.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Quicken Loans to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Quicken Loans?

Comments

The did the exact same to my parents, I've been researching and see this same complaint all over.

Marietta, Georgia, United States #1130263

My situation is similar to yours.Steve Murray at Quicken Loan pre approval my loan for $65000.

I am retired with pension $2400/moth and I am in the process divorce and my current house is on the market with mortgage $1347/month. He's pre-approval the loan and keep calling to see how is my house hunting. I found a house for $43000. He made me deposit $400 for appraisal and immediately charge to my credit card.

He ask me to provide a lot of document in order to qualify for the loan. I gave him my 401K ($186,000), bank statement ($40,000). Steve Murray and his team Steve Rourk find a lot excuse to deny my loan in order to keep my $400. I guess it's a legal to scam people and I have a lot of stress to go through with these people.

I call Steve Murray yesterday and left the message but he never give a call back.This morning I have called three time and he still not answer my call.

Quicken_Loans

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us.We're sorry to hear about this poor experience for you.

My team would like to look into your experience to see if we can resolve this issue.

If you would like to provide additional details, feel free to send us an email at Emma@quickenloans.com.Thank you