Quicken Loans is a grand rip-off

The first thing is the upfront $500, which they tell you will be taken out of your bank account down the road, towards the end of the loan process, but they took it out immediately without warning and made our bank account overdrawn and we incurred fees.They also contradict themselves and say the $500 will be rolled into the loan and you will be that money back if your loan is denied!

WRONG! LIARS!! Then, the endless paperwork that is NEVER enough. Then, demanding that we pay off certain bills that we did not have to causing us more out of pocket money.

2-4 hard credit inquiries that were uncalled for! Handing off the loan to no less than 7 different people in the process. Appraisal was ridiculously low when my neighbor, who's house was built by our builder with the same, $185.82 cents a square foot was sold for $649,000. Our appraisal came in at $650,000, $1,000 more than their smaller home.

We have over 400 more of the same HIGH END square feet than them which would have brought our appraisal past $700,000 which was needed for us to secure our loan. They denied the loan because of the appraisal which is their standard MO and refuse to give us our $500 back, though they say it's for the appraisal and to pull your credit report which is an out and out lie. Then when all is lost, they bombard you with salespeople from Quicken trying to get you to secure a loan with them!

No communication and crooked practices all the way around.No wonder the Federal Government is suing them!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Breach of contract and wire fraud
    • Intentional run-around

Quicken Loans
Review category
Loans and Mortgages
review #810883 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Quicken Loans? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 19 #1130263 Marietta, Georgia

My situation is similar to yours. Steve Murray at Quicken Loan pre approval my loan for $65000. I am retired with pension $2400/moth and I am in the process divorce and my current house is on the market with mortgage $1347/month. He's pre-approval the loan and keep calling to see how is my house hunting. I found a house for $43000. He made me deposit $400 for appraisal and immediately charge to my credit card. He ask me to provide a lot of document in order to qualify for the loan. I gave him my 401K ($186,000), bank statement ($40,000). Steve Murray and his team Steve Rourk find a lot excuse to deny my loan in order to keep my $400. I guess it's a legal to scam people and I have a lot of stress to go through with these people. I call Steve Murray yesterday and left the message but he never give a call back. This morning I have called three time and he still not answer my call.

0 0 Reply

Mar 17 #1128982

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear about this poor experience for you. My team would like to look into your experience to see if we can resolve this issue. If you would like to provide additional details, feel free to send us an email at Emma@quickenloans.com. Thank you

0 4 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.